Would you like to contribute towards our community?
We're looking for stories about your bicycle touring journeys to feature on the site and Newsletter.
The story could be from an epic tour around the world or a weekend away. It could be a write up about a whole tour; why you went, where you ended up, who you met..... Or it could be about one great day when you met new friends or had a great experience. These are just some ideas. It can be about whatever you like.
Size doesn't matter!
Your story can be really long, kind of long, or just a couple of punchy paragraphs. We really don’t mind. If your story captures people’s imaginations and inspires others to get out bicycle touring, then that is exactly what we are looking for.
What if I'm not used to writing?
No problem! You certainly don't need to be a world famous writer to get involved. It is all about the story and your experiences. We review all accepted submissions and tidy up any typos, grammar, etc… so just go for it!
I’m interested, what do I do now?
Get writing and hunt out some great photos/videos. When you are ready, get in touch by completing the form below. It really is that simple.
- No minimum or maximum length. Tell your bicycle touring story and we will do the rest.
- Submit as a plain text file (.txt extension) if possible. Don’t stress if you are unsure of how to do this, use whatever you can (Word, PDF, Openoffice, etc..) and we can convert.
- Pictures always boost a story. Please include at least one unedited image (original from your camera). We will re-size and give it a boost to blend with the site. By submitting any image, you are confirming you own the copyright to all images submitted and give Cycling Touring Community permission to use them.
- Videos really enhance a story. If you have any, please include them. We prefer YouTube links, but will accept video files. Keep them under 50mb in size. If larger, split the file. Give us a shout if you need any help with this.
- We recommend you Create an Account on Cycling Touring Community. You will then receive email notifications each time a comment is left and the post will be linked directly to you.
- We cannot pay money for any submissions. However, you will get all the kudos for your work and we are happy to link back to your social media, blog or website. Don’t forget to include the details.
What happens after I submit?
Your submission will be reviewed as quickly as possible. If accepted, we may make minor changes to meet our requirements; site layout, ease of reading and SEO. You will receive a draft copy before we make it live make sure you are happy. Your post will then go live.